At Eydens Ltd we are aware of the importance of keeping your personal data safe and secure. We appreciate that when you share your data with us you trust us to look after it, which is why we comply to the UK GDPR and other associated Data Protection Laws. Our Privacy notice describes to you:
- Who we are?
- What personal data we need & how we collect it?
- What we do with your personal data?
- Who has access to the data that we hold?
- How do we store your data?
- How long we hold your information for?
- Your rights and how to exercise them?
- Changes to this privacy notice
- How to contact us and complain?
1.Who we are?
Eydens Ltd is a member of the Master Locksmiths Association. We are the Data Controller when processing your data.
To contact us with any Data protection issues please email email@example.com and our Data Protection Officer will be able to assist you.
2.What personal data we need and how we collect it?
To book an appointment we ask for your name, address, telephone number, fax and an e-mail address
How we collect your data?
We only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where there is a contract in place (this is when you book our services) and we process the personal data in the administration of entering into or maintaining this contract.
- Where it is in the legitimate interest of yourself and the company.
- When you give consent on our website contact form for us to send you relevant additional services and products information. Remember whenever you give us consent you are in control of how we contact you, and if you would like to unsubscribe at any time we provide the information on how you do this easily.
Personal Data is taken through the following channels:
- In person by visiting our shop (Data is recorded directly into our Data Base).
- Contact forms from our website.
- Phone Bookings (Data is typed directly into our Data Base).
- Recorded Telephone calls (as advised on our telephone recorded message).
- CCTV – images for the safety of our customers, staff and premises as advised on our signage.
3.What do we do with your personal data?
Without this information it would be difficult for Eydens Ltd to provide you with their services. We do not use your data for purposes other than for the specified purpose that you contacted us for and to give you the best service that we can. None of your data is passed on to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If we would like to use your data then we will always ask for your permission before we do so.
4.Who also has access to the data we hold?
As the Data Controller we only use trusted third parties to help us to provide our service to you, we have checked their Data Protection/GDPR compliance to ensure that we are happy to share your data.
Our database provider & IT Support company have access to all names, addresses, phone, fax and email details that are held in our database as they host Eydens Ltd database.
5.How do we store your data?
Eydens Ltd follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us. We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data processed from the loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Remember that no method of transmission is completely secure against interception. If your communication to us is very sensitive you might want to send it by postal mail instead.
6.How long do we hold your data for?
We will keep your data for as long as is necessary and in line with other UK laws, full details of this are within our Data Protection Policy.
7.Your rights and how to exercise them
Access to your personal data and data portability
You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you, this is called a ‘Subject Access Report.’ This will provide you with all personal data we hold about you, subject to some limited exemptions for example, you will not necessarily be entitled to access third party information.
Also you have the right to data portability. Under this right for information you can request that your personal data is provided to you (or another organisation) in a portable, electronic format.
Change, restrict, delete
You may also have rights to change, restrict the use of, or delete your personal information. Unless there is an exceptional circumstance (like where we are required to store personal information for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information.
You can object to us processing your information based on our legitimate interests. In such cases, we will delete your personal information within a month of receipt of the objection, unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
8.Changes to this Privacy Notice
Eydens Ltd reserves the right to amend this notice at any time in line with legislation changes. This Privacy Notice was last updated January 2021.
9.How to contact us & complain
Should you be unhappy with how we are handling your data we would hope that you will contact us first at: Eydens Ltd . 42-44 Wallace Road, Coventry. CV6 2LX Telephone: 02476 332524. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can contact the relevant Supervisory Authority which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office: www.ico.org